The Methods and Spirit of the Open Master's
The Wayfinder Kit is a DIY tool developed by the Open Master's for supporting deep reflection and clear action in your learning—a compact but power-packed collection of methods for knowing your own why and navigating what's next.
- Take radical pause for your most meaningful questions.
- Listen for what's present, find focus and direction, and activate your personal learning goals.
- Bring the methods and soulful culture of the Open Master's into your own community.
Each Wayfinder Kit includes:
- Our signature Wayfinder Mandala guided reflection (a 90-minute audio activity and downloadable hosting guide) for you or a group of people. Use it to take inventory of your gifts, skills, passions, burning questions, communities, goals, and dreams.
- Two companion journals, with prompts for diving into the motivations behind your learning (your "why")—use on your own, or in concert with a partner.
- A deck of 52 cards for every season, with weekly activities and prompts designed to establish a steady rhythm of action and reflection for your learning throughout the year.
Get Started Now
Ready to get your learning started right now? Download the Wayfinder Mandala activity guide, for yourself or a group.
The Mandala is a 90-minute, meditative, personal reflection activity to help you get started on your own learning journey by first getting a bird's eye view of your learning landscape.
Ordering Wayfinder Kits
Wayfinder Kits are handmade with love in Berkeley, California in batches. We will be making and shipping our next batch in March, 2018.
Reserve a kit in the March batch by pre-ordering below!
The History of The Wayfinder Kit
The Wayfinder Kit is a tool for supporting deep reflection and clear action in your learning — a compact but power-packed collection of methods for uncovering your own answers.
Built on a rich history of grassroots, popular education practices and thinkers from Rudolph Steiner and Septima Clark to Charles Eisenstein and Scott Sherman, the Wayfinder Kit is a foundational resource of The Open Master's, but also perfectly-suited for any self-organized education.
First created in 2014, the Kit was our community's tool for designing a self-directed Open Master's journey and building a supportive peer community along the way. It was made as a toolset for liberating and supporting education outside of its constraints, rooted in the knowledge that learning isn't just for ages 5-22, and it doesn't only happen inside a school.
The Kit contains 130+ tools, questions, and activities to support your learning journey and those of others, which can be remixed and reused for an array of settings, from corporate teams to your next bookclub.
The activities and methods in the Wayfinder Kit are part of a well-tested and well-loved process, refined in the Open Master's community over the last four years and picked up in other communities, from homeschooling groups, university accelerators, elder church groups, and arts + housing cooperatives, earning a steady stream of praise.
Every Wayfinder Kit you buy goes to support our ongoing work in the world of grassroots community building.
Made by Hand, with Love