Our Invitation for You, This New Year
This holiday season, give yourself or someone you love the gift of learning: a 2016 Special Winter Edition of the Wayfinder Kit.
- Take radical pause for your most meaningful questions.
- Listen for what's present, find focus and direction, and activate your personal learning goals.
- Bring the methods and soulful culture of the Open Master's into your own community.
Learn about the **full list of perks and products** offered through our Indiegogo campaign!
This Special Winter Edition includes:
- Our signature Wayfinder guided reflection (a two-hour audio activity and downloadable hosting guide) for you or a group of people, for taking inventory of your gifts, skills, passions, community, and purpose
- Two of our companion journals, with prompts for diving into the motivations behind your learning (your "why") — use on your own, or in concert with a partner
- A deck of 52 cards for every season, with weekly activities and prompts designed to establish a steady rhythm of action and reflection for your learning throughout the year
About The Wayfinder Kit
The Wayfinder Kit is a tool for supporting deep reflection and clear action in your learning — a compact but power-packed collection of methods for uncovering your own answers.
Built on a rich history of grassroots, popular education practices and thinkers from Rudolph Steiner and Septima Clark to Charles Eisenstein and Scott Sherman, the Wayfinder Kit is a foundational resource of The Open Master's, but also perfectly-suited for any self-organized education.
First created in 2014, the Kit was our community's tool for designing a self-directed Open Master's journey and building a supportive peer community along the way. It was made as a toolset for liberating and supporting education outside of its constraints, rooted in the knowledge that learning isn't just for ages 5-22, and it doesn't only happen inside a school.
The Kit contains 130+ tools, questions, and activities to support your learning journey and those of others, which can be remixed and reused for an array of settings, from corporate teams to your next bookclub.
The activities and methods in the Wayfinder Kit are part of a well-tested and well-loved process, refined in the Open Master's community over the last four years and picked up in other communities, from homeschooling groups, university accelerators, elder church groups, and arts + housing cooperatives, earning a steady stream of praise.
Made by Hand, with Love
The 2016 Special Winter Edition will vary from the 2015 Wayfinder Kit pictured above. The journal and decks of cards will be improved to reflect developments in our curriculum, and outer packaging may vary. We're currently a more boutique production house, making everything with great care.
Why A Crowdfunding Campaign?
For four years, we've been a grassroots, volunteer-fueled phenomenon, primarily based in a few locations in the US and Europe. Throughout that process, and through developing and running a variety of programs, we have things we want to bring out into the world.
Despite being a decentralized and growing community, we're a primarily a two-person team. The level of interest we've received this year has been incredible — and in order to meet that interest and elevate The Open Master's into the organization we know it can be, we need the time and resources for transforming our original programs, workshops, and tools into a set of curriculum available online, as well as making core operational improvements to allow us to serve more people, partner with more organizations, and spread the movement.
More Ways to Help
We'd love your support in making this a successful campaign. Here are some ways you can get involved!
- Get the word out! Use the share tools to post on Facebook, Twitter, or other social media.
- Ask your workplace or school to support this campaign and resource yourselves to better support the learning of you, your class, group, or team.
- Share this campaign with networks and people you know who would love this:
- Friends who are often working on new projects or learning a new skill
- Teachers, counselors, college advisors
- College students figuring out what they want to study
- Parents of students who love to learn, especially in a more hands-on way
- Families and playmate groups who could use a library of ideas to spark new projects and conversations
Thank you so much for your support as The Open Master's takes this big leap forward.